Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Venlafaxine Side Effects How To Deal With Venlafaxine Side Effects?

How to deal with Venlafaxine side effects? - venlafaxine side effects

I am a veteran of the war in Iraq and was diagnosed with PTSD. I've been taking the drug for about a month. I immediately noticed the extreme fatigue and decreased libido. I have difficulty in dealing with the consequences. On the one hand, I am a truck driver and two, I have an active sex life. Suggestions? Thank you in advance.

3 comments:

Jules said...

It is 4 weeks or sometimes a little longer to get the medication in the system and start working properly, it would be worth the wait one or two weeks and see if things improve.

However, the side effects are troublesome to discuss your work, even then with your doctor. Explain the problems that can take you and ask if there is an alternative to take you, not to fatigue.

As someone said, are the side effects for each person that the medication differently, so the best advice would be to your family doctor.

Hope this helps.

Take care and good luck.

Julia said...

Return to your doctor and tell him to have undesirable side effects .. . There are other antidepressants that are not side effects.

Moofunk said...

Interesting. Venlafaxine is generally alert / activation, due to its effects on norepinephrine, especially in high doses. As for the sexual dysfunction is very low, you can do. I found venlafaxine to be antidepressant I have taken in this regard. All I can do is to tell your doctor about your concerns and frustrations, and perhaps ask to switch to another drug. Well, I take escitalopram and found little impact on sexual functioning. Everyone is different, but should never be compared to take other, similar drugs, but they have the same symptoms as you do.

Post a Comment